Carrot Halwa is a very popular recipe. It's a well-loved evening food item equally loved by an elder and younger people.
1.1-1/2 kg Carrots
2.200 gm Sweetened Condensed milk
3.2 tbsp Ghee
4.Handful grated cashew nuts and almonds
5.2 tsp Cardamom Powder
1. Wash and grate the carrots finely.
2. Transfer the grated carrots to a pressure cooker.
3.Cook for about two minutes.
4. Remove the lid from the cooker.
5. Allow excess water to evaporate.
6. Keep churning the carrots occasionally.
7. Pour milk and ghee over the cooked carrots.
8. Simmer till all are well blended.
9. Remove from the flame.
10. Sprinkle with grated cashew nuts, almonds, and cardamom powder.
11. Carrot Halwa is ready to serve.