Long gone are the days when drugs manufactured in laboratories were popular, when expensive chemical or synthetic drugs were deemed to be the best for our bodies. Apart from the forbidding cost, the side effects that the body has to deal with cannot be ignored. This realisation has dawned and people today are going back to natural remedies that humankind has been using for thousands of years. In home based remedies, the idea is to use the chemicals naturally present in the herbs, spices and other foods to tackle the offending foreign element in the body that is causing the pain or infection instead of flushing the body with hundreds of milligrams of strong chemicals in the form of antibiotics. Though essential for chronic conditions, antibiotics are not always necessary and are best avoided, especially for a lot of minor ailments.
No side effects
It is common knowledge that antibiotics kill the friendly flora and fauna along with the offending bacteria or virus, thus causing the body to take longer to recover. Additionally, the body has to face a plethora of undesirable side effects such as excessive drowsiness, weakness, allergies and diarrhoea (caused by excessive heat generated) to handle. Scientists are discovering newer positive properties of foods and finding ways to effectively derive maximum benefits for the body. Natural remedies can be used to effectively treat a range of ailments through correct and regular usage. Whether it is boosting your child's immune system, preventing hair loss, treating persistent acne or dandruff, treating aches, pains or cuts and burns. In short,home remedies or natural cures or medicines made at home from natural ingredients such as fruits, vegetables, herbs- are catching a lot of attention due to its very nature of cure: simple, no side effects, no chemicals, inexpensive, plus the pleasure of being able to cure yourself!. People are increasingly using these home made methods in their day to day lives to stay fit and healthy.
Look beautiful the natural way
Our skin faces a constant barrage of chemicals everyday from pollution to harsh chemically formulated products that strip the skin of its natural balance. These simple Ayurvedic home remedies help you attain a clear, healthy and glowing complexion. Ayurveda mentions many simple natural ways to maintain a healthy and glowing skin. Using these natural ways, one can stay beautiful for a longer period without having to suffer the side effects of the chemicals.
Below are some simple 'secrets' to achieve a naturally beautiful skin:
* Mix equal quantities of cucumber juice, rose water and lime juice. Wash the face and apply it overnight. Rinse off in the morning. This clears the complexion and keeps it healthy.
* Take 50 ml of raw (not boiled) milk and mix a pinch of salt and two teaspoonful of lime juice in it. Use it as a cleansing lotion. It helps to clean the deep pores of skin.
* Mix equal quantities of lime juice, glycerine and rose water. This lotion if applied to the face regularly at bedtime is very useful in removing pimples, blackheads and other stains of the skin. It makes the skin soft and supple, and can also be applied to other parts of the body (hands, feet etc.)
* Take 50 ml of tomato juice and mix with one teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this mixture to the face. It helps to make the skin soft and glowing.
* Take equal quantities of turmeric powder and wheat flour and make a paste with seasame oil. Apply it to the face to remove unwanted hair.
* Apply orange juice to the face for smooth and soft skin.
* Take 30 ml of cabbage juice and mix one teaspoon of honey in it. This mixture, if applied regularly to the face, helps to keep wrinkles away.
* Make a paste of raw carrots and apply it to the face. Wash it after one hour. The skin will become glowing.
* Regular application of mint juice to the face helps to remove stains.
For everything on Fashion in Kerala, visit Keralafashions.com